Release plans

Alastair Reid alastair at reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk
Tue Jul 20 08:00:24 EDT 2004

> I'd like to see us support more debugging
> information, preferably in a way that can be stripped from a binary.

The easy way would be as .stabs entries since that's what gdb uses.

However, stabs entries themselves are absolutely horrible (the design
obviously started simple and acquired a bunch of ad hoc hacks along the way).

But if you're willing to encode everything as strings, you could spit out a
bunch of what look like filename directives but put general data in the
strings instead of filenames.

(Or read up on stabs directives carefully and try to force-fit Haskell into a
design made for C, C++, etc.)

--
Alastair