Release plans

Bernie Pope bjpop at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Jul 19 20:42:53 EDT 2004

> Feedback welcome as usual - I've probably forgotten lots of stuff on
> these lists.
>
> Cheers,
> 	Simon

Hi Simon,

Since you are working on the backend is there any chance that GHC could
support symbol names in the heap?

I tried to add this previously and failed miserably.

I would be happy with a flag, such as '-debug-symbols' or somesuch, that
keeps source symbol names, at least for data constructors, and possibly
functions.

This would be a BIG win for buddha and possibly other debugging tools.

Currently I have to turn on -prof which is a bad hack.

BTW

Will there be any big changes to the heap representation of objects with
the new backend?

Cheers,
Bernie.