Error building GHC: can't locate import `Package'

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sat Dec 18 11:55:37 EST 2004

Sven Panne writes:

 > Hmmm, there is no ParsePkgConfLite.hs in the HEAD anymore. Perhaps you have
 > some old cruft lying around in your build directory?

I deleted it and said "make" again, and now it seems to work
(it's still building). Thank you.

It might be good to remove the file in the "clean" or
"distclean" targets, IMHO. I also noticed that
ghc/utils/ghc-pkg/.cvsignore lists it as an ignorable file,
which is why "cvs update" didn't show anything.

Peter