Stack overflow machine dependent?

Arjen van Weelden A.vanWeelden at cs.ru.nl
Tue Dec 14 05:46:22 EST 2004

Hello,

I compiled a Haskell 98 program using ghc 6.2 -O and ran the executable,
using main +RTS -H256m -s, on two similar computers:

PC 1: Athlon 1400, 512MB, Windows XP Prof SP2 (successful termination)
PC 2: Athlon XP 1800+, 512MB, Windows XP Prof SP2 (stack overflow)

The program runs successful within 1MB of stack on PC 1, but it exits
with a stack overflow error on PC 2.

Has anyone else observed such behaviour using the same binary, and
similar computers? I'm curious of what might trigger the stack overflow.
The program itself is partially generated and large, so I'll omit it for
the time being.

Cheers,
	Arjen