main thread GC'd on ^C

Hal Daume III hdaume at ISI.EDU
Fri Aug 13 12:45:37 EDT 2004

When I Control-C to stop a running program, I get:

recomputeLambdaProb: internal error: main thread has been GC'd
    Please report this as a bug to glasgow-haskell-bugs at,

which I understand, but is a bit odd...IIRC this is there any
reason it doesn't just exit gracefully, or print "Control-C caught" or
something like that?

(9:38am strontium:ACE/ ghc --version
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.2.1)

 - Hal

 Hal Daume III                                   | hdaume at
 "Arrest this man, he talks in maths."           |