Network, sClose

Volker Stolz stolz at i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Aug 11 08:15:04 EDT 2004

In local.glasgow-haskell-users, you wrote:
> Essentially, Network.recvFrom is only of use to "simple, stupid
> programs"; specifically, programs which only wish to accept a single
> connection.

This has been noted (various?) times on the mailing-lists. You'd never
want to use it in a real application. Since it's once again causing
confusion, maybe it's about time to finally axe it?
I don't know if you'd find letters large and friendly enough to use in the
documentation to point out its deficiencies...They aren't documented
at all atm, I'll see if I can whip up something.

Volker
--
http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/stolz/ *** PGP *** S/MIME
L-Attriwutgrammatik