Dynamic loading problem

Hampus Ram d00ram at dtek.chalmers.se
Thu Apr 29 22:24:46 EDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 29 2004, Alastair Reid wrote:
> Does passing the flag RTLD_GLOBAL to dlopen help?  (man dlopen for info about
> this flag)

No, since none of the objects involved are shared objects (I use neither
dlopen or addDLL but the loadObj function). They are just compiled Haskell
modules and the problem lies in the RTS symbols which for some reason can't
be loaded dynamically (why it doesn't work when the base package etc. can
be loaded is beyond me).

However when loading shared objects your flag is the one to use. That
works without flaw and is really a nicer way to load shared objects than
the RTS function addDLL.

/Hampus

--
Homepage: http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d00ram