Dynamic loading problem

Hampus Ram d00ram at dtek.chalmers.se
Thu Apr 29 18:54:47 EDT 2004

Hi,

by using the RTS I've made it possible to dynamically load modules for
quite some time now. However, recently I've stumbled inte quite a
problem.

I've created a bunch of modules to handle all dynamic loading for me and
things are good for simple programs. But now I want to load my dynamic
done - not on linux anyways.

The functions from the rts are ffi:ed into my program but when
dynamically loading the module, these functions can't be found
("unknown symbol `lookupSymbol`") and neither can I load the
HSrts.o package to make them visible due to duplicate functions
("I found a duplicate definition for symbol makeStableNamezh_fast").
How can I proceed? Can I pass some flag to the linker or such to force
them to behave as I want?

I only have this problem with linux (tested on Debian and Redhat)
using ghc 6.2.1. On Solaris everything works just great (one doesn't
even have to load any extra packages there) with ghc 6.0.1.

/Hampus

ps. my library can be found at
http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d00ram/dynamic/

--