problems building the GHC as a package

Mauro La Salete Costa Lima de Araujo mscla at
Mon Apr 26 16:58:38 EDT 2004

Hi folks,

I'm having a little problem when building the GHC as a package.
I've set the option 'BuildPackageGHC=YES' in the file and
done the usual steps to build the GHC under windows
(including the './configure --host=i386-unknown-mingw32
But I'm getting the following error in the middle of the build process:

(cd .libs && rm -f && ln -s ../
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/legionario_k/fptools/ghc/rts/gmp'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/legionario_k/fptools/ghc/rts/gmp'
../../ghc/compiler/ghc-inplace -optc-mno-cygwin -optc-O -optc-Wall -optc-W
missing-declarations -optc-Winline -optc-Waggregate-return
-optc-Wbad-function-cast -optc-
-DCOMPILING_RTS -optc-Iwin32 -optc-fomit-frame-pointer -H32m -O0 -W
Adjustor.c -o Adjustor.o
exec: C:/haskell/cygwin/home/legionario_k/fptools/ghc/compiler/: not found
make[2]: *** [Adjustor.o] Error 127
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/legionario_k/fptools/ghc'
make: *** [build] Error 1

any sugestions?

  |  Mauro La-Salette C. L. de Araújo             |
  |  Undergraduating Computer Science Student	  |
  |  mscla at                         |

  "If this is true, building software will always be hard.
   There is inherently no silver bullet."