"undefined references" when using package

Jan Christiansen jac at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Tue Apr 20 16:31:14 EDT 2004

On Sunday 18 April 2004 21:36, Sven Panne wrote:

> All these undefined references ("zi" => ".") seem to be within your own
> package "CHD", but guessing what goes wrong exactly is a bit hard without
> further information. A complete log of what you are doing might help, a
> tar file including your sources would be even better (when building is as
> simple as "make" or the like). This is a general hint for people reporting
> non-trivial problems: Whenever possible, package up everything necessary
> for reproducing the problem in a way that a plain "make" suffices, and
> attach it to your problem report. Remember: This is a "lazy" mailing
> list... :-)

Here is the sourcecode and the Makefile I use. Just decompress the file and
adjust LIBDIR and IMPORTS in the Makefile.

"make" compiles the sources, "make install" copies the library and the
interface files to the directories defined in LIBDIR and IMPORTS. A "make
pkg" creates a CHD.conf and adds it to the package.conf by using ghc-pkg.

A "make uninstall" and "make unpkg" removes all files and restores the
original state, I hope.

In the Test directory is a sourcefile called PhilsCHD.hs which uses the CHD
package. A "ghc --make -package CHD PhilsCHD.hs -o PhilsCHD" causes the
linking errors.

Gruss Jan