Inlining question

Simon Marlow simonmar at
Tue Apr 20 12:04:17 EDT 2004

On 20 April 2004 01:40, Donald Bruce Stewart <> wrote:

> It is sometimes very slightly annoying that misspelling a pragma will
> mean that it is silently ignored. Oh well. I've typed:
>         {-# OPITONS -fglasgow-exts #-}
> or
>         {- # OPTIONS -fglasgow-exts #-}
> many times. I usually expect that GHC knows what I'm thinking, and am
> surprised when it doesn't get it right ;)

You probably don't want the warning on by default, since it is a Feature
that unrecognised pragmas are ignored by default.

I'd add the warning, except that it's not trivial - the pragmas are
thrown away in the lexer, and the monad doesn't have a way to collect up
warnings.  I'll put it on the task list though.