[Haskell-cafe] Building Haddock on Windows

Bayley, Alistair Alistair_Bayley at ldn.invesco.com
Tue Apr 13 14:21:45 EDT 2004

> Try upgrading GHC.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Would it be too much to ask that Haddock be distributed with GHC?

Reasons for:
 - GHC library docs are produced with Haddock
 - GHC library docs already include Haddock interface files
 - would ensure version of Haddock matches that used to produce interface
files
 - would save lazy developers like myself from downloading and compiling.
Think of it as one less barrier to overcome; a small step closer to more
widespread adoption.

Reasons against:
 - would favour one documentation tool over others
 - would add an unnecessary item to GHC build/packaging procedure (is this
much of an overhead?)

Mind you, if you include Haddock, why stop there? Why not include other
developers tools, like (say) Hmake, Happy, Hat, ...?

Alistair.

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this
message, and any attachments, may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. It is intended solely for the
person(s) or entity to which it is addressed. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received
material from any computer.