GHC 6.2

Ketil Z. Malde ketil at ii.uib.no
Fri Sep 26 15:38:08 EDT 2003

"Simon Marlow" <simonmar at microsoft.com> writes:

> The 'strange selectee 29' crash that you reported earlier is fixed in 6.2.

Okay.

> I saw your '.hp file contains NULs' reoprt, but there's not much we
> can do without a test case, unfortunately.  I've never seen this one
> myself.

I've only seen it once, and I was using a vim script on the file.  Not
everything shipped with Red Hat 9 is rock solid, so it might be a vim
bug.

> Are there any other profiling bugs that I missed?

I've also gotten segmentation fault (w/ 6.0) when doing -h and -p
simultaneously.  I'm not sure if I can reproduce it, but I'll save a
snapshot if it happens again in a reproducible manner.  I did a quick
test now (v. 6.0.1), and it worked okay.

> The best estimate I can give is 4-6 weeks, but it could be sooner if
> things settle down quickly.

Great!

-kzm