stg_ap_v_ret porting crash: solved?

Donald Bruce Stewart dons@cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu Sep 11 10:53:02 EDT 2003

simonmar:

> > Things aren't so easy with alpha as gcc rejects the -mieee
> > flag when GHC
> > calls gcc for -cpp'ing. I fear a nasty hacky wrapper may be in order.
>
> Is this when running gcc on the Alpha, or on the bootstrapping host?

alpha-dec-osf3 bootstrapped quite cleanly today. Using the right
config.h makes a big difference ;) It isn't working yet though.

I had to comment out/hack various decls in the rts on the alpha,
which let the compile go through. The GHC that got built seems to
loop when invoked. Probably an MBlock thing, I haven't looked
into it yet.

Anyway, I assume Ian was talking about the bootstrapped GHC on
the target rejecting -mieee when being used to compile a full
GHC. I didn't get that far, but I had no problems with -mieee on
the host, or with .hc file-booting gcc.

-- Don