Porting GHC to powerpc-unknown-linux

Donald Bruce Stewart dons@cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 20:49:18 +1000

rmartine:
> On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Simon Marlow wrote:
>
>  +-----------------+--------------------+----------------------------+
>  |     HOST        |      TARGET        | Unregisterised bootstrap   |
>  +-----------------+--------------------+----------------------------+
>  | i386-*-openbsd  | i386-*-openbsd     |          YES               |
>  |                 | i386-*-freebsd     |          YES               |
>  |                 | i386-*-linux       |          YES               |
>  |                 | i386-*-solaris2    |          YES               |
>  |                 | sparc-sun-solaris2 |          YES               |
>  |                 | sparc-sun-openbsd  |       in-progress          |
>  |                 | m68k-apple-netbsd  |       in-progress          |
>  |                 | mips-sgi-irix65    |       in-progress
>  |                 |                    |                            |
>  |                 | alpha-dec-osf3     | dies on host with:         |
>  |                 |                    | cc1: Invalid option `ieee' |
>  +-----------------+--------------------+----------------------------+
>
> I cannot miss this interesting thread , working with mips-sgi-irix65.
>
> Could you release a (transient) ghc-6.01-unreg-hc.tar.gz ?
>
> If not, Donald, please send it to me privately...
>
> However, I will try to make cross-porting from i386-*-linux.

You need to generate a set for each arch/os combination. Unreg
source for platforms I have confirmed to work are at:

  ftp://ftp.cse.unsw.edu.au/pub/users/dons/ghc/unreg/

        i386-unknown-freebsd
        i386-unknown-linux
        i386-unknown-solaris2
        sparc-sun-solaris2
        m68k-unknown-netbsd

I'll add more when I get a chance.

If you want to unreg bootstrap for one of those platforms then
untar the unreg tarball over a 6.0.1 src tree, and follow the
latest distrib/hc-build instructions.

I can't generate mips-sgi-irix65 because I don't have access to
such a box, but I think this process is getting easier by the
day, so generating your own set should be possible.

-- Don