I need your response

Makam Somo masmt@maktoob.com
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 01:30:43 +0200

Dear Sir=2C

I am Dr=2E Makam Somo=2C a native of Cape Town in South Africa and I am an
Executive Accountant with the South Africa Department of Mining &
Energy Resources=2E First and foremost=2C I apologized using this medium
to reach you for a transaction=2Fbusiness of this magnitude=2C but this is
 due to Confidentiality and prompt access reposed on this medium=2E Be
informed that a member of the South Africa Export Promotion Council
=28SEPC=29 who was at the Government delegation to your country during a
 trade exhibition gave your enviable credentials=2Fparticulars to me=2E

 I have decided to seek a confidential co-operation with you in the
execution of the deal described Here under for the benefit of all
 parties and hope you will keep it as a top secret because of the
nature of this transaction Within the Department of Mining & Energy
Resources where I work as an Executive Accountant and with the
 cooperation of four other top officials=2C we have in our possession
as overdue payment bills totaling Fifteen Million=2C two Hundred
 Thousand U=2E S=2E Dollars =28$15=2C200=2C000=2E=29 which we want to transfer
 abroad with the assistance and cooperation of a foreign
company=2Findividual to receive the said fund on our behalf or
 a reliable foreign non-company account to receive such funds=2E
 More so=2C we are handicapped in the circumstances=2C as the South
 Africa Civil Service Code of Conduct does not allow us to operate
 offshore account hence your importance in the whole transaction=2E

This amount $15=2E2m represents the balance of the total contract value
executed on behalf of my Department by a foreign contracting firm=2C
 which we the officials over-invoiced deliberately=2E Though the
actual contract cost have been paid to the original contractor=2C
leaving the balance in the tune of the said amount=2E we have agreed
 in principles and have gotten approval to remit by Telegraphic
 Transfer =28T=2ET=29 to any foreign bank account you will provide by
filing in an application through the Justice  to you=2E I have the
authority of my partners involved to propose that should you be
willing to assist us in the transaction=2C your share of the sum
will be 20% of the $15=2E2 million=2C 60% for us and 10% for taxation
 and miscellaneous expenses=2E The business itself is 100% safe=2C on
your part provided you treat it with utmost secrecy and confidentiality=2E
 Also your area of specialization is not a hindrance to the successful
 execution of this transaction=2E I have reposed my confidence in you
 and hope that you will not disappoint me=2E

Endeavor to contact me immediately through my  e-mail address=2C whether
 or not you are interested in this deal=2E If you are not=2C it will enable
 me scout for another foreign partner to carry out this deal I want to
assure you that my partners and myself are in a position to make the
 payment of this claim possible provided you can give us a very strong
Assurance and guarantee that our share will be secured and please
remember to treat this matter as very confidential matter=2C because
we will not comprehend with any form of exposure as we are still in
active GovernmentService and remember once again that time is of the
 essence in this business=2E

 Send your fax and telephone number to enable me reach you immediately=2E

I wait in anticipation of your fullest co-operation=2E Reply to
masmt=40maktoob=2Ecom

Yours faithfully=2C

Dr=2E Makam Somo=2E