ghc-6.0.1 on OS X Panther build

Wolfgang Thaller wolfgang.thaller at gmx.net
Wed Oct 29 21:30:39 EST 2003

On 29.10.2003, at 21:15, Gregory Wright wrote:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> I tried building 6.0.1 on Panther using 6.0.1 built on Jaguar. (The
> build was run under
> darwinports.) It failed with the following:
>

> [...]
> Ever see anything like this before?

Hmm... now that you mention it, probably yes. There was some
split-objs-related problem with gcc 3.3 that I fixed in September - I
don't remember the exact error message that gave me.
You should be fine if you sudo gcc_select 3.1 or use a configure option
to make GHC use "gcc3" as it's C compiler.
Or you could just take the latest revision of
fptools/ghc/driver/split/ghc-split.lprl from the HEAD or STABLE cvs
trees and use plug it into the old 6.0.1 sources.

Cheers,

Wolfgang