Transmitting Haskell values

Joachim Durchholz joachim.durchholz at web.de
Wed Oct 29 15:23:19 EST 2003

Glynn Clements wrote:
> The problem with Storable is that the representation is
> architecture-specific. It isn't suitable for implementing a
> "commodity" protocol which can be used for communication between
> different architectures.

Just endianness issues, or are there deeper differences?
If it's just endianness, it should be relatively easy to get that sorted
out, either via wrappers around the networking functions, or by
extending Storable itself (well, it's probably a bit too early for me to
try this, but there's a good chance that it will be at least one of
generally useful and instructive *g*).

Regards,
Jo