"Job Opening" - Mac OS X 10.2 Binary Packages

Wolfgang Thaller wolfgang.thaller at gmx.net
Fri Oct 24 18:06:22 EDT 2003

Dear GHC for Mac OS X Users,

As you probably know, Mac OS X 10.3 a.k.a. Panther is being officially
released today. I'm going to upgrade my Powerbook right away.

Panther adds some new functions in Darwin (for example, dlfcn.h and
proper wchar support). GHC will automatically make use of these new
features, but that means that versions of GHC built on Panther will not
work on previous versions of Mac OS X.

Which brings me to the point of this mail: When GHC 6.2 is released, I
probably won't have access to a Mac running Mac OS 10.2 any more, which
means that my binaries for GHC 6.2 will _require_ Mac OS X 10.3.

So would someone please step forward and accept the role of GHC
packager for Mac OS X 10.2?

Cheers,

Wolfgang