GHC and gcc 3.3.1

Jost Berthold berthold at Mathematik.Uni-Marburg.de
Tue Oct 21 14:20:41 EDT 2003

We have built GHC 6.2 for RedHat 9 in our department without problems
(well... I checked out the sources approx. 2 weeks ago)
using gcc-3.3.1 and a snapshot of ghc-6.1(20030829, rebuilt using
binary ghc-6.1.20030803 and manually linking in a dummy __ctype_b).

I only had problems because of the changed library (ghc fails when
linking) and because I could not install an rpm on the machine. Now the
build got through without problems, and it seems the compiler does
what it should...

Jost