Pestilential behaviour of gcc3.3 on Macs

George Russell ger at tzi.de
Thu Nov 27 11:28:41 EST 2003

Yes I know this is really Apple's fault, but according to

    http://developer.apple.com/documentation/ReleaseNotes/DeveloperTools/GCC3.html

 > The GCC 3.3 preprocessor inserts a new pragma, #pragma GCC set_debug_pwd, as part
 > of the new Distributed Builds feature. (See below.) This may surprise tools and
 > scripts that depended on the exact form of preprocessed output from GCC. These
 > scripts should be rewritten to ignore unrecognized pragmas.

Would it be possible for GHC to ignore this line?  Otherwise ghc -cpp is going to
fall over with gcc3.3 on Macs.

Of course in the ideal world I know we should be using Template Haskell.