import Prelude ([](..))

MartinSjögren md9ms at mdstud.chalmers.se
Fri Nov 7 11:40:10 EST 2003

fre 2003-11-07 klockan 11.27 skrev Simon Peyton-Jones:
> Lists are regarded by Haskell 98 as "syntax", so you don't import or hide them.
> The type [], the constructors [] and : are all not importable or
> hidable, any more than 'case' is.  So you can define your own prelude,
> but you can't redefine what list syntax means.

Well, I don't want to redefine list syntax, quite the opposite. I want
to use regular lists together with my stuff (and "my stuff" doesn't
include lists at all). So, this is not possible? (Well, it was in ghc 5,
but I guess that ghc 5 is wrong, then)

Any other suggestions?

/Martin
--
Martin Sjögren
  sjogren at debian.org -- marvin at dum.chalmers.se
  GPG key: http://www.mdstud.chalmers.se/~md9ms/gpg.html
  let hello = "hello" : hello in putStr (unlines hello)