Transmitting Haskell values

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Nov 4 20:12:33 EST 2003

Simon Marlow wrote:
> Generating a single unified index is entirely possible, given all the
> .haddock files for the relevant packages.  I'll try to get this into the
> next version of Haddock.

But only as an option and/or addition, I hope...

>>2. Remove the split between "type/class index" and
>>"function/constructor
>>index" in the Haddockish doc-index.html file.
>

> Yes, this is also something I'd like to do.

Hmmm, I actually prefer the current situation: If you don't even know if you
should look for a type or a function, you probably have more trouble than
just two indices...  :-]

>>3. Some links in the indexes are bold, others aren't.
>

> The bold ones represent the *original* defining module for the entity,
> as compared to a module which just re-exports it.  However, knowing this
> information isn't very useful, and arguably it shouldn't be displayed to
> the user at all.  I'll change this for the next Haddock version.

Again, I like the current situation, it saves you the trouble to look into
simple "collecting modulues" (doing only imports and re-exports) by giving
the user a clue where the documentation is.

Cheers,
    S.