can't manage to compile ghc6

Jan Scheffczyk jan@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de
Fri, 30 May 2003 17:54:00 +0200

Hi Simon,

On Friday 30 May 2003 16:42, Simon Marlow wrote:
> > I'm having trouble compiling ghc6.

> Are you using GCC 3.3 by any chance?

At least for me, this seemed to cause compiling errors, gcc 3.2 works.

However, there seems to be a problem with HaXml and GHCi.

I installed HaXml 1.08 newly under ghc 6 and get the following error when
using ghci -package HaXml:

GHCi runtime linker: fatal error: I found a duplicate definition for symbol
   TextziPrettyPrintziHughesPJ_zdzpzd_entry
whilst processing object file
   /usr/local/lib/ghc-6.0/HSHaXml.o
This could be caused by:
   * Specifying the same object file twice on the GHCi command line
   * An incorrect `package.conf' entry, causing some object to be
     loaded twice.
GHCi cannot safely continue in this situation.  Exiting now.  Sorry.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Jan