More problems compiling GHC on Mac OS X

Kirsten Chevalier krc@uclink.berkeley.edu
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 01:09:05 -0800

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 11:40:58AM +0100, Wolfgang Thaller wrote:
> As far as I can tell right now, "sendfile" is not supported on Mac OS X.
> There's no manual page, and it doesn't seem to be in any sytem library.
> There is a prototype in sys/socket.h, but it's wrapped in an #ifdef
> that's never #defined.
> When I last build the HEAD here, I didn't have any problems -
> ./configure found out that sendfile is not supported, and everything is
> fine until I try to use it (there wasn't yet a fallback implementation
> then).
> What did configure say on the subject of sendfile?

configure says:

checking for sendfile in sys/sendfile.h... no
checking for sendfile in sys/socket.h... no

I tried building again just now, just to be sure, and still got the same error
message ("Sendfile.hsc:19: Variable not in scope: `c_sendfile'").

Thanks,
Kirsten

--
Kirsten Chevalier * krc@uclink.berkeley.edu * Often in error, never in doubt