ANNOUNCE: GHC vesrion 5.04.3 released

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:14:11 -0000

> I notice the release notes say a few architectures should be possible
> to port to, in particular AIX/POWER.  How possible is that, exactly?
> Has anybody done it with any success?  Alternatively, is there any
> alternative Haskell compiler (I guess that would be NHC?) that works
> for this architecture?
>
> And does GHC or anybody else support 64bit address spaces?

GHC worked on Alpha recently (5.02.x), so our 64 bit support should be
up to scratch.

Check the porting section of the GHC building guide for information on
porting: the bottom line is that there are various levels of porting,
from a basic unregisterised port up to a full port with GHCi and a
native code generator.

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/building/sec-porting-ghc.htm