ANNOUNCE: GHC vesrion 5.04.3 released
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:10:16 -0000
> Actually, I find it difficult to extract the sometimes drastic
> differences between releases from that document (just one example:
> does this release include last week's bugfixes in the Network
> module?). How do I find out about the various bugfixes between
> releases, to decide whether or not to upgrade (and whether or not
> upgrading will help with specific problems)?
> After all, the reason for patchlevel releases is that you've fixed
> some bugs, so why be so secretive about what these fixes are?-)
The release notes doesn't contain bugfixes, and the reason we don't have
a list of them is because I'm too lazy to keep track of what bug fixes
have been merged in, sorry!=20
The Network fix wasn't merged in (just too late).
Ok, I'll take a look at the diffs and summarise the fixes... here goes:
- Literal strings could be duplicated sometimes
- fixes for deriving Eq/Enum on large datatypes in GHCi
- -no-hs-main has a sensible meaning in --make mode now
(it forces linking even if there's no Main)
- Fix for avoiding recompilation when there are stub files
around (didn't pick up the stubs properly before)
- Fixes for FFI decls containing type variables
- MacOS X fixes for GHCi
- Filenames with spaces don't cause problems in GHCi now
- GHCi doesn't get confused if your code installs a
signal handler for ^C
- -pgmL now works as advertised
- specifying filenames without the trailing .hs/.lhs works
again in --make and GHCi.
- Fix for "class ops that do not introduce foralls" (a
cause of crashes with certain kinds of class methods).
- Fix a crash when a class op is used as a record selector
- Fix for deriving on records with fields with names with=20
- Fixes for passing/returning FunPtr in the FFI
- hsc2hs works in a binary distribution
- Fixes for crashes in the biographical and retainer
- Some signals were inadvertently blocked by the RTS
- Uninitialised variable in the storage manager causes
- Fix for hp2ps -c=20
- hsc2hs should now work on Windows
- Fix off-by-one in Data.PackedString.splitWithPS
- uninitialised elements in UArrays are now filled with zero.
- Integer divide by zero is now consistently a catchable
exception (previously it could just result in SIGFPE).
- Fix for terminal buffering on Solaris
- System.Console.GetOpt fixes
- Fix for converting Integer to Int64/Word64
- Network.accept doesn't fail if the host fails to