Dynamic Compilation

Keean k.schupke@ic.ac.uk
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 19:04:30 +0100

A mod_haskell (using hugs) has been done here:

	http://losser.st-lab.cs.uu.nl/mod_haskell/

But, think of the advantages of a type-safe web-server, utilising GHC's
light weight threads...

	Regards,
	Keean Schupke.

-----Original Message-----
From: glasgow-haskell-users-admin@haskell.org
[mailto:glasgow-haskell-users-admin@haskell.org]On Behalf Of Peter
Simons
Sent: 11 June 2003 18:01
To: glasgow-haskell-users@haskell.org
Subject: Re: Dynamic Compilation

Carsten Schultz writes:

 > a web server written in Erlang that can compile [...] code embedded
 > in HTML files to produce dynamic pages

IMHO it should be possible to add a "mod_runhugs" module to Apache,
which implements exactly that except that it doesn't require any
compilation of code at all. As far as I know, Hugs does already have a
server mode where code can be sent via IPC for execution, doesn't it?

Something like this would certainly be useful, and if it's based on
Apache, many people could use without any trouble.

Peter