URGENT: INFORMATION ABOUT WASH, GHC, CGI AND HSP

Bayley, Alistair Alistair_Bayley@ldn.invesco.com
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:37:26 +0100

The .exe's you create with WASH (have a look at the examples) are CGI
programs, so you can drop them into (say) Apache's cgi-bin. You should be
able to use them with any http server that supports CGI.

Using Tomcat (or some other Java-based server) is probably a waste of time
(unless it supports CGI) because you're not using Java to create your web
software. Apache is a reasonable choice if you can't find anything better.
The Windows installation is pretty easy; you just need the courage to edit
the large .conf file.

If you want to integrate your programs with a Haskell http server (so you
don't spawn a new process for each request - is this still what happens with
Apache on Windows?) then you'll probably have to contact Peter Thiemann. It
is possible, as he says in section 9 of:
http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~thiemann/haskell/WASH/draft.pdf

"We have successfully integrated the WASH/CGI library with a Web server
written in Haskell by Simon Marlow [24]. In this server, a WASH/CGI
application can run like a servlet in its own thread."

The information in this email and in any attachments is
confidential and intended solely for the attention and use
of the named addressee(s). This information may be
subject to legal professional or other privilege or may
otherwise be protected by work product immunity or other
legal rules.  It must not be disclosed to any person without
our authority.

If you are not the intended recipient, or a person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy,
distribute, or retain this message or any part of it.