URGENT: INFORMATION ABOUT WASH, GHC, CGI AND HSP

Bayley, Alistair Alistair_Bayley@ldn.invesco.com
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:22:41 +0100

(Your caps-lock key seems to be stuck :-)

You should give more information, like the error messages you received. Did
the installation of Wash etc complete successfully? Did the example programs
compile? (They will produce exes.)

I recently (2-3 weeks ago) downloaded Wash and installed it on a W2K box,
with GHC6. I followed the (brief) instructions on the website (including
editing quite a few makefiles) and also:
  -- commented a reference to a non-existent Haskell source file in the
makefile
  -- added some depedencies (I forget for exactly which files) to a makefile

I determined what makefiles needed editing from the make error messages. If
you're not familiar with make then you will struggle.

Note that you need cygwin (or something that gives you make). You don't need
hmake (unless you plan to use the CGIGraphics module, apparently).

So after fixing some of these minor build issues, the whole thing built, and
compiled the example programs. These worked perfectly when installed in my
Apache cgi-bin.

The information in this email and in any attachments is
confidential and intended solely for the attention and use
of the named addressee(s). This information may be
subject to legal professional or other privilege or may
otherwise be protected by work product immunity or other
legal rules.  It must not be disclosed to any person without
our authority.

If you are not the intended recipient, or a person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy,
distribute, or retain this message or any part of it.