ghc/cygwin filename resolution issue.

Alex Ferguson abf@cs.ucc.ie
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:33:29 +0000 (GMT)

Using ghc-5.04.2 under cygwin, and cygwin (v. 1.3.10-1), I'm having some
horrible problems with inconistent treatment of filenames, especially
when using (gnu, cygwin) make.  In a nutshell, make seems to be passing
paths such as "/usr/local/hmake" (etc) to ghc, which is, as I understand
it, interpretting these in a manner consistent with windows, but not with
cygwin.  (i.e., it'd expect the above to be something like:
/cygwin/usr/local/hmake, where the root of the cygwin installation is in
c:\cygwin.  Experimenting with similar arguments to ghc by hand seems to
confirm this.

Is there a work-around for this, or is using cygwin and ghc together just
an out and out bad idea?

Cheers,
Alex.