emacs haskell-ghci mode hook

Shae Matijs Erisson shae@ScannedInAvian.com
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 17:34:44 +0100

Christian Maeder <maeder@tzi.de> writes:

> a) adding arguments to the ghci was not well documented.

You can add these options to your ~/.ghci file instead, the GHC docs give
detailed info.

> c) Can someone supply emacs commands (and keys) to step through all the
> errors and warnings?

In emacs, I've set F12 to "save this file and compile" and I use buffer local
variables at the very end of my file for one-button testing:

Local Variables:
compile-command: "./quickcheck +names ProtoQuickCheck.lhs"
End:

C-x ` is "jump to next compile error" which can be used to navigate through
errors produced from tests (depending on the error format).

Also, haskell-mode has several useful extensions like fume that aren't
immediately obvious before reading the docs or using C-h m (or C-h b).
--
Shae Matijs Erisson - 2 days older than RFC0226
#haskell on irc.freenode.net - We Put the Funk in Funktion