Proposal for GHC documentation

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 13:31:57 -0000

> > The rewritten documentation can be translated
> > to HTML using just a standard xsltproc tool (available
> > for both Cygwin & Linux) and XSLT DocBook stylesheet.
> > The main advantage of XML version is that there is
> > already developed XSLT stylesheet which generates
> > input for Microsoft HTML Help Compiler.
> > I think that this will made GHC documentation much more easy
> > for reading and browsing.
>=20
> I would strongly support such a change.

Me too, I'm happy for us to move to DocBook/XML if that would give us
more functionality and compatibility with existing tools, and it seems
that this is the case.  I imagine the updated docs will continue to work
with an existing DocBook system as long as the DocBook 4 DTD is
installed?

If that's the case, would you like to commit your changes Krasimir?