Bernard James POPE
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:56:47 +1100 (EST)

> Is there a "ghcfilt" equivalent of c++filt that will unmangle 
> 'z'-escaped GHC symbols?

Encoding/decoding are done in the compiler in:


See functions encode and decode. Though I'd say this is only available
inside the compiler, not sure if it is exported through any library.

> Is the mangling written up somewhere? I might be able to write 
> something...

The mangling is documented in that same file.

There looks to be some demangling written in C in CVS


   void unmangle_string(char* str)

Don't know if it is complete though.

Hope this helps.