compiling ghci...

Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:23:20 -0000

You probably want the cvs-ghc mailing list, used by GHC developers,
rather than ghc-users.

Assuming you already have a stage-2 compiler built (in =
ghc/compiler/stage2/ghc-inplace), if you change the RTS you should be =
able to type 'make' in ghc/rts, and then run the stage-2 compiler =
without recompiling either the stage-1 or stage-2 compiler.

Simon

|=20
|=20
| 	Hello!
|=20
| 	I am playing with ghci and also trying to modify things in its
| Scheduler. As ghci is only generated if it is compiled using the same
| version of the compiler that you are trying to generate, if I change =
the
| Scheduler.c file, I always have to compile the whole thing twice. I
| already tried only recompiling the RTS but it does not work. Is there =
| short cut, or, what files I have to recompile if I am changing the rts =
and
| want to see these changes in ghci?
| 	Is this the right place to ask these questions? :-)
|=20