awaitEval in Concurrent Haskell

Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:28:28 -0000

Does this mean you can womble along with Claus's suggestion?  I'm
feeling a bit swamped at the moment, and not keen to undertake another
open-ended implementation exercise.  So if you can manage without, and
perhaps use the experience to refine the specification of a Really
Useful Feature, that'd be great from my point of view.

Simon

|=20
| A couple of hours ago, I wrote (in reponse to Claus Reinke's
suggestion):
|=20
| > Thanks for this further suggestion.  A solution along these lines
| > might be
| > possible, but it would still be restricted ...
|=20
| Actually a mild variant of Claus's proposal seems to work out
| quite well.  Another way to avoid the problems with types is
| to use a multi-parameter type class.  Little example attached.
|=20
| So, thanks again Claus!
|=20