ghc-6.2 compilation problems

Andres Loeh andres at cs.uu.nl
Mon Dec 22 22:24:47 EST 2003

> > The build output is like so:
> [snip]
> > Fail: does not exist
> > Action: openFileEx
> > Reason: No such file or directory
> > File: base/base.haddock
>
> Hmmm.  It's possible the gentoo ebuild is trying to 'make install-docs'
> without building the docs in the first place.

This has indeed been the problem and is hopefully fixed by now.
However, the question remains what exactly the use of the variable
NO_HADDOCK_DOCS is if it can be set to yes and haddock is still
called at least once it in the libraries dir (I think to create
the file index.html). Could you perhaps explain the intention behind
the NO_HADDOCK_DOCS variable?

Thanks,
  Andres