ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.2

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sun Dec 21 11:23:02 EST 2003

simonmar:

>    ============================================================
>     The (Interactive) Glasgow Haskell Compiler -- version 6.2
>
> We are pleased to announce a new major release of the Glasgow Haskell
> Compiler (GHC), version 6.2.

A binary distribution for ia64-unknown-linux is available at:

ftp://ftp.cse.unsw.edu.au/pub/users/dons/ghc/6.2/ghc-6.2-ia64-unknown-linux.tar.bz2

This is a full build, with profiling libs and ghci, but no docs.

The ia64 port requires an external libgmp, installed in some sensible
place. Thanks to Matt Chapman for making this port possible.

Happy coding,
    Don