Template Haskell and the command line

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Dec 18 10:28:59 EST 2003

Simon M has persuaded me that -D/-U are really cpp-specific flags.
What's to stop you using the environment variables directly?

Suppose you had

	getEnvVar :: String -> Q (Maybe String)

which is pretty much what System.getEnv does.  Would that do the job?
Then you could say

	DEBUG=yes ghc -fth Foo.hs

Simon