Problem Building Package

Matthew Donadio m.p.donadio@ieee.org
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:16:58 -0400

Hi all,

I am having a bit of trouble builing local packages.

I have three libraries, A, B, and C, that I want to make into local
packages.  A and B depend only on base, while C depends on base, A, and
B.

The souces gets built with

	ghc --make -package-name=A {list of files}
	ghc --make -package-name=B {list of files}
	ghc --make -package-name=C {list of files}

and I create the archives libHS[A,B,C].a  This all works fine.

I have three simple .pkg.  If I add the dependencies into package-deps,
then ghc-pkg says that the dependencies do not exist.  If I leave that
blank, then I can create my local .conf file.  If I do this, I cannot
get ghc to use the .conf file.  For example, if I try

	ghc --make -package-conf foo.conf -package C -o SomeApp SomeApp.hs

Then ghc complains that it can't find the interface files, even though
import-dirs is correct in foo.conf.

Can anyone shed some light on this, or point me to a small library that
builds a GHC package?  I know I am doing something stupid, but I can't
figure it out.  I tried looking at the GHC Makefiles, but I am having
trouble following them because of all the includes.

Thanks.

--
Matthew Donadio (m.p.donadio@ieee.org)