Text.Regex bug in ghc 5.04.2

Shae Matijs Erisson shae@ScannedInAvian.com
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 21:31:24 +0200

After importing Text.Regex and Data.Maybe, here's some output from ghci:

*ProtoRegexp> fromJust $ matchRegex (mkRegex "foo") "barfoobaz"
[]
*ProtoRegexp> fromJust $ matchRegexAll (mkRegex "foo") "barfoobaz"
("ba","foo","baz",[])

I'm relatively sure those are both wrong. I think the first should be
"foo"
and the second should be
("bar","foo","baz",[])

I haven't yet tried Text.Regex.Posix to see if the problem is just the wrapper.
--
Shae Matijs Erisson - 2 days older than RFC0226
#haskell on irc.freenode.net - We Put the Funk in Funktion