Newbie building GHC

Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:30:38 +0100

| - Run the following following commands:
|=20
|     export PATH=3D/cygdrive/c/lang/mingw32/bin::${PATH}
|=20
|     make clean; ./configure --build=3Dmingw >& configure.log

Uh oh.  You aren't following the instructions in Section 12.4 of the GHC
building guide!
http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/ghc/docs/latest/html/building/winbuild.html

(a) I believe that it's important to run autoconf
(b) I've never seen this --build option for configure.  What I use (as
the building guide says) is:

    ./configure --host=3Di386-unknown-mingw32 =
--with-gcc=3D/mingw/bin/gcc

You need to run configure in fptools/ghc first actually.  (No need to
autoconf there.)

What you did may work, but I am not confident in it.  For example where
are you saying where to find the (mingw) gcc that GHC should use?

Simon