FFI breaking with -O?

John Meacham john@repetae.net
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 22:28:10 -0700

I have a variety of C interfaces which are generated with hsc2hs, in
particular a ncurses and openssl wrapper. they work perfectly when
compiling normally, but when i use the -O or -O2 option, I end up with
at the least a ton of C warnings on the /tmp/ghc*.hc file and in some
cases a fatal error. as far as i can tell they relate to some odd
interaction with the C preprocessor and the generated haskell code. I am
not compiling with -fvia-C but it appears to be going via C anyway. Does
anyone have any ideas why this might be the case or a workaround for the
problem?  Perhaps if this is the case, I can force it to not compile via
C even when optimizing?
	John

(the offending code is part of 'ginsu' my gale client implemented in
haskell http://repetae.net/john/computer/ginsu/ )

John Meacham - California Institute of Technology, Alum. - john@foo.net