Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:29:12 +0100
We're wondering here whether we should push out 5.04.2 soon, or wait a
while and see what other bugs turn up.
Opinions, anyone? Are any of the bugs in 5.04.1 really holding you up?
Here's a list of the bugfixes in 5.04.2 relative to 5.04.1:
- Control.Exception.userErrors was wrong
- derived Read with Maybe fixed
- export TimeLocale constructor from Locale
- network package fix for Network.Socket.inet_ntoa
- GHCi: rdrNameModule panic
- GHCi: getChar not interruptible with ^C
- --make: unknown filenames on the command line are now passed
to the linker
- PowerPC/Darwin support is now up to date (?)
- foreign exporting infix operators now works
- missing strict fields in a record construction now works according
to the report
- memory allocator fix: eliminates the getMBlock panic
- panics when using signals (signal handlers not being retained by
the garbage collector).
- main threads not retained long enough (HOpenGL panic)
and I'm hot on the trail of the heapCensus panic.