ghc --make and static libraries

Martin Norbäck martin.norback@safelogic.se
10 Oct 2002 14:02:17 +0200

--=-gbKJ6sTXQriTXeoPve8N

How do I go about linking to a static library when using --make?

If i do

ghc --make Module libmodulelib.a

then ghc syas:

chasing modules from Module,libmodulelib.a and complains about not being
able to find the _module_ modulelib.a. Likewise on windows, if I do

ghc --make Module modulelib.dll

it also complains about not finding the _module_ modulelib.dll.

If I specify the object files that makes up modulelib then there are no
complaints, likewise, if I link without --make, ghc uses the library
just fine.

Is this the intended behaviour, and if it is, how do I go about linking
with libraries when using --make?

Regards,

	Martin

--=-gbKJ6sTXQriTXeoPve8N