strange error

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:47:50 -0000

> sorry for the terse error report, but I was on my way out the door and
> didn't want this to slip through. It appeared after running a rather
> large complicated haskell program all night, the next morning it had
> crashed with=20
> fatal error: evacuate: strange closure type 55436

There has been one bug found in the garbage collector since 5.04.1,
which might have caused this.  Presumably if you ran the same program
under the same conditions it would fail in the same way (how long does
it take to fail?).  Is there any chance you could compile up the latest
CVS sources from the 5.04 branch and see if using that compiler helps?