Build problem under cygwin

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 04:20:20 -0800

I build GHC from source under cygwin all the time.  That is, I'm using
a cygwin environment.

There are instructions in the building guide.

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/building/winbuild.html

You do need to install a mingw bundle too, and then point
to its C compiler when you do the configure step.  See the=20
notes in sect 11.3.

Simon

|=20
|=20
|=20
| I'm trying to build ghc 5.02.2 under cygwin (2.125.2.10), using gcc=20
| rather than an existing Haskell compiler.  I'm running with gnu make=20
| version 3.79.1
|=20
| I configured with --prefix=3DD:/haskell/ghc (where I've installed the=20
| package), and --enable-win32-dlls.
|=20
| The make process is failing (ultimately) because the genprimopcode=20
| command is being invoked before (apparently) it has been compiled.=20
| Looking back through the trace, the makefile in genprimcode=20
| is running,=20
| but then failing: should this not have terminated the entire build?
|=20
| syslib text -O    -c Main.hs -o Main.o
| syslib: not found
| make[3]: [Main.o] Error 127 (ignored)
| o genprimopcode -syslib text -O       Main.o
| o: not found
| make[3]: [genprimopcode] Error 127 (ignored)
| M -optdep-f -optdep.depend  -osuf o    -syslib text -O Main.hs
| M: not found
| make[3]: [depend] Error 127 (ignored)
|=20
| Somehow, it looks like the "syslib" compiler option is being=20
| incorrectly=20
| intrpreted as a make command.   Looking further into the make=20
| result, a=20
| number of other commands are also failing with an ignored=20
| error 127, e.g.
|=20
| =3D=3Dfptools=3D=3D make boot - --unix - --no-print-directory -r;
|   in /cygdrive/d/haskell/ghc/ghc/utils/hsc2hs
| --------------------------------------------------------------
| ----------
| M -optdep-f -optdep.depend  -osuf o    -package util -cpp -O=20
| Config.hs=20
| KludgedSy
| stem.hs Main.hs Config.hs
| M: not found
| make[3]: [depend] Error 127 (ignored)
|=20
| Again, it looks somehow that a command issued from a makefile=20
| is being=20
| truncated.
|=20
| I would be grateful for any comments or suggestions.
|=20
| 	thanks,
| 	David Duke
|=20
|=20
| --=20
| Dr. David Duke                        Email: D.Duke@bath.ac.uk
| Department of Computer Science        Web:   www.bath.ac.uk/~masdad/
| University of Bath                    Tel:   +44 1225 323 407
| Bath, BA2 7AY U.K.                    Fax:   +44 1225 323 493
|=20
|=20