Windows: calling a process from Haskell

George Russell ger@tzi.de
Fri, 08 Mar 2002 14:30:43 +0100

Hello Simon PJ,

Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:

> Did you get a reply to this?  I assume you use a function from the
> Posix library.    Sigbjorn may have comments on how much of it works
> on Windows.
No, I got no reply.  I think the answer to the question "How much of the
Posix library works under Windows" is "None", because the current binary
distribution of ghc for Windows is compiled without cygwin support and so
can't do the Posix stuff.  In the end I downloaded some example C code from
Microsoft's web site and adapted it to suit my needs, planning to access it
via the FFI.  (The whole idea looks like being abandoned anyway because of
the lack of cooperation of another program.)

By the way, Simon PJ, I shall be on holiday from Monday until after Easter so
can't do any more myself on tracking down that multi-parameter type classes
problem, unfortunately.

Best wishes,

George