GHC on Mac OS X

Wolfgang Thaller wolfgang.thaller@gmx.net
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 00:03:30 +0100 (MET)

I've meanwhile discovered a problem with my GHC compile for PowerPC.
While it manages to compile simple programs and the FFI seems to work (for
my simple test program), many programs compiled by it abort with a message
like:
scavenge_stack: weird activation record found on stack: xx
where xx is some number (not always the same).
The problem happens for example with green-card 2.03, and in the
genprimopcode program
(when I try to compile the compiler using itself). However, both green-card
and genprimopcode manage to print out usage information if I feed them with
incorrect arguments.
Can anyone give me some hints on how to debug this?

Wolfgang

http://www.gmx.net