Updating the net package

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:03:15 +0100

> Ok I won't do that! How do I get the A.BB.<date> set as a=20
> version? Do I have=20
> edit version.mk? In which case what is the format for <date>?

The A.BB.<date> form is set automatically by the nightly build system
before it begins the build, at the moment.  To get such a version
number, yes you have to edit version.mk.

Unfortunately with CVS there isn't a good way to do this automatically.

> Hmmm now I've looked int version.mk I see that the=20
> ProjectVersion is 5.02.3
> when I thought I had checked 5.02.2 out of the repository.=20
> This isn't a
> problem as the change should work with either version.

You checked out the latest sources from the 5.02 branch; the last
revision on the branch was 5.02.3, so that's the version number in
version.mk.